DAY THREE – PRAYING FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
DAY THREE – PRAYING FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while He may be found. Call upon Him while He is near.
Jeremiah 31: 3 The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore, with lovingkindness I have drawn you.”
Ezra 3:1-2 “And when the seventh month had come, and the children of Israel were in the cities, the people gathered together as one man to Jerusalem. 2 Then Jeshua the son of Jozadak and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and his brethren, arose and built the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings on it, as it is written in the Law of Moses the man of God.
We believe that God has been using this season to give us an opportunity to rebuild an altar to the Lord in our homes. When we speak of altars today we are speaking of a meeting place with God. This is a special place or time set aside for you and your family to worship God and pray to Him where His presence is welcomed. God wants to be the Lord of our homes and bless us to become a testimony to broken lives around us.
Tonight, as we pray, we want to do what the above scripture says; we want to join together as one to rebuild God’s altar in our homes.
May our prayers arise as sweet incense before the throne of God. Revelation 8:3-4 “Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand.”
THANKSGIVING: Psalm 100:4 We enter His presence with thanksgiving.
- Thank God for sending Jesus for us.
- Thank God for sending the Holy Spirit.
- Thank God for His presence with us as we pray.
- Thank God for being our loving Heavenly Father.
- Thank God for positioning us in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6
- Thank God for the family that we have been given.
- PRAYING OVER OUR HOMES:
LORD, WE ADORE YOU AND WE THANK YOU FOR THE BLESSING OF OUR FAMILIES. WE ARE SEEKING YOU TONIGHT TO BLESS AND SET OUR HOMES IN ORDER. WE DECLARE THAT YOU ARE THE LORD OF OUR FAMILIES. WE ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR SOVEREIGNITY AND INFLUENCE IN OUR FAMILIES. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS AND GOODNESS TO US. WE CONSECRATE OUR FAMILIES TO YOU, LORD. WE ARE REBUILDING THE ALTAR OF PRAYER AND WORSHIP IN OUR HOMES AND YOU WILL BE GLORIFIED AMONG US. OUR FAMILY IS A GODLY FAMILY BY THE POWER OF YOUR NAME AND WE WILL SERVE YOU WITH JOY ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES. FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION WE WILL CONTINUE A GODLY HERITAGE WHO LOVE YOU WITH ALL OUR HEARTS OUR MINDS AND OUR STRENGTH.
As we pray tonight, God, we are inviting You into our families to heal, to restore and to unify us for Your glory. Holy Spirit we honor You and we welcome You to every room of our homes. May our homes become a taste of Heaven. Touch each member of our families with Your glory. We declare salvation to the unsaved; healing and restoration to the broken; peace to the disturbed and fearful; and supply to the needy. Lord, we ask that You flood us all with Your Love! May Your love flood us until we are all saved and healed and unified to serve You from one generation to another to another. LORD, MAY YOU BE GLORIFIED IN OUR FAMILIES!
WE DECLARE THAT HOMES WILL BE AN ALTAR OF PRAYER AND WORSHIP.
WE DECLARE THAT OUR HOMES WILL BE A PLACE WHERE YOUR WORD IS TAUGHT AND OBEDIED.
WE DECLARE THAT OUR HOMES WILL BE A HAVEN OF PEACE AND THAT STRIFE IS DISPELLED AND UNITY BY THE POWER OF GOD IS BEING ESTABLISHED.
WE DECLARE SALVATION TO OUR FAMILY!
- OUR SPOUSES: FOR GODLY MARRIAGES
- Thank You, Lord for my spouse and the blessing that they are to me.
- We bless them in the Name of the Lord.
- May they walk in fresh relationship with You, Lord, hearing Your voice and carrying Your presence wherever they go.
- Unify us to be a Godly example for our children and for others around us. May our children see us loving You more than anything else and loving each other deeply. May we set the example of a Godly “One-ness” for them to follow.
- Help us to rebuild the altar of prayer and worship together.
- We speak salvation to spouses who are not saved. Help, us to be such an example of You that our spouses are drawn to You, Lord. We sanctify them in our homes in the Name of Jesus. 1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.
- SINGLE PARENTS:
- We bless every family that is being led by a Single Parent.
- We declare that they are complete in You because You are all their sufficiency.
- Anoint them to rebuild the altar of prayer and worship in their homes.
- We ask you Lord to bless every Single parent with Your presence and wisdom as they raise Godly children in their home.
- We ask you, Lord, to supply their every need.
- Thank you for the blessing of our children. Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
- We bless them today.
- May they know You from an early age. May they hear Your voice like Samuel and walk in obedience to You.
- We bless them with the inheritance of a Godly walk with You Lord. We declare that from generation to generation to generation we will serve the Lord. Proverbs 20:7 Amplified Bible “The righteous man who walks in integrity and lives life in accord with his [godly] beliefs—
How blessed [happy and spiritually secure] are his children after him [who have his example to follow].
- We declare that Isaiah 54:13 “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children.”
- We declare over them that they are worshippers of the Lord. May they experience the joy of Your presence as they sing and dance and praise You. Matthew 21:16 “and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise’?”
- We ask You Lord, to help us to partner with You in parenting our children to shape them and teach them so that they are prepared to fulfill Your purpose for their lives. Give me insight to see the giftings You have placed in their lives that I can encourage them in their giftings.
- We ask You to protect them physically but also emotionally that they will not have hurtful experiences that might wound their souls.
- We speak the anointing of the Holy Spirit over this generation of our children that they will be Mighty Men and Women doing mighty “exploits” for the Lord.
- We break any limitation to their advancement in Spiritual things and we declare ears to hear Your voice and hearts to obey the Word of God.
- PRE- TEENS:
- We bless our pre-teens as they are transitioning from young children to teenagers.
- As they transition to a new stage of life may they also transition to the deeper things of God.
- May their questions be answered in You.
- We pray for hunger for God to increase in their lives. May they desire Him more, learn to spend time in prayer and develop a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
- We bless our teenagers.
- As they are seeking to know themselves and find their identity, we declare that they will know how loved and valuable they are to the Lord.
- We pray that they will find their identity in You first, Lord. That they are complete in You.
- We pray that they will be protected from the pull of this world to be someone they were never intended to be.
- May they be content in You and become the standard of identity and living that others would like to follow.
- May Your Truth be their foundation that they cling to. Establish Your Word in them Lord.
- Give us wisdom to listen to them and their questions and to respond with answers that are Godly.
- Give us patience with them when they have mood swings and might say hurtful things. May they see us as a source of unconditional love like You.
- We bless our youth who are making crucial decisions about their lives and preparing for their future.
- We declare that 2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
- As they are thinking about their future we ask that You will guide them and reveal to them “Your perfect way” for them. We declare the Your purpose will prevail in all of their plans.
- May they be completely rooted and established in Your Word.
- May they not be deterred by obstacles to Your plan for them but walk in faith toward Your purpose for them.
- We pray that as they enter relationships that they will be protected from the ungodly and that You will bring them someone who loves You Jesus and is in alignment with Your plans for them.
- SINGLE ADULTS
- We bless the single adults in our church who are content in their singleness and in You.
- We speak that You are their completeness in every way. Meet their every need, Lord.
- Use them mightily in this season to go where You need them to go and minister to people.
- May Your Word grow richly in them.
- May they be a strong voice in this season for the Lord and an example for right living for those around them.
- SENIOR CITIZENS AND WIDOWS AND WIDOWERS:
- We bless and honor those who have gone before us and lived a life of Godliness for us to follow.
- We pray Your blessing on them. May they know your abiding presence with them.
- May they continue to be a mighty force of prayer for the church and for us all.
- We ask You lord to bless them physically, spiritually, and in all areas and show us how to be a blessing to them.
- May they never feel alone but be constantly conscious of Your presence with them.
- Use them Lord to declare Your Word over all the generations that are following them.
- For those who may be in need, help us to be Your hands and feet to bless and supply their needs.
- OUR FRIENDS:
- We thank You, Lord, for the friends that we have. Thank you for brothers and sisters in the Lord and we can share with and pray with and that we can encourage each other.
- We bless them in the name of the Lord. May we be a faithful friend to them that genuinely cares for them. May we always have their best interests in mind.
- Help us to be “iron sharpening iron” to push each other to grow more and more in You and Your Word.
- For friends that You have placed in our lives who do not know You, we ask that you will give us opportunities to share with them about You and may we be like Andrew in the Bible who brings them to You Jesus. We claim them for You Lord. Give us patience with their questions and negative comments. May we see them as You do and love them as You do. May we speak Words of Life to them in Jesus’ Name.
ONCE AGAIN, LORD, WE THANK YOU AND GLORIFY YOUR NAME OF ALL THE GENERATIONS OF OUR CHURCH. FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION TO GENERATION WE WILL BLESS YOU, LORD, AND SERVE YOU ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES!